Sporting Clube de Portugal statement on articles published today
In light of articles published today in Portugal and Argentina about alleged interest from Boca Juniors in the player Jonathan Silva, Sporting Clube de Portugal notes the following:
1. Boca Juniors have never shown interest in the purchase of Jonathan Silva;
2. These articles are part of a strategy to weaken Sporting Clube de Portugal's position during the current transfer market, like other false new pieces published in Portugal and abroad about bids which never existed, for example from PSG for João Mário and from Leicester for Slimani;
3. Sporting Clube de Portugal is today economically and financially stable, which permits the building of a short, medium and long term sports project. We are not in sales;
4. Sporting Clube de Portugal is not in the business of selling its treasures, but does not turn away irrefutable bids. In this sense - and should such a bid exist for a player from the senior squad, Sporting Clube de Portugal will analyse it should it be in the interests of the Club;
5. Sporting Clube de Portugal reaffirms that we have an ambitious sports project which is resulting in an economically and financially stable situation and which permits us to fight for all national titles, as well as European competitions we are involved in.